Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My little girl is 14 months old and we received a diagnosis of pending CP a few months ago. It has been described as mild and so far only seems to affect her gross motor skills. It appears to affect all four limbs but our consultant has not yet confirmed anything nor has he confirmed the type of CP she has. Her physical therapist suspects she has Dyskinetic CP. I think she experiences a fluctuation in muscle tone. Some days she sits well, crawls and plays really well and other days she seems to regress. I'm trying to get my head around what this means for her as she is a bright little girl. Her CP does not affect her thinking and learning. I'm concerned that she will become frustrated because she is not able to walk. She attends nursery and socialises really well with the other children and her carers. She is very inquisitive, can feed herself, holds a spoon, drinks from a cup, can hold items between her forefinger and thumb, loves books, loves standing (whilst I hold her hands) and will happily play on her tummy. I just don't know what the future holds and have days like today, when I'm tired and she seems to have regressed when I fear for the future and wonder why this had to happen to my child. Otherwise I'm very proud of her. She makes me smile and I'm madly in love. I believe she will walk and go to a main stream school. I'm just scared of the unknown and need reassurance.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.