Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi i went to see my G.P. on the 8th of march to ask if she would write an evidence letter for my ESA claim she told me to go home and write everything down about my letter to give to health care assesement people so i did and returned it that afternoon to my g.p. surgery the receptionist said there would be a fee of £10 i said ok i said i needed it before the 15th of march as my esa50 form had to be in by then i even told the doctor this as well... anyway i went in a few days before esa50 deadline day and still no letter explained to recoptionist that needed it before friday anyway got told the doctor was away for a few days i thought great all i need...So sent esa50 form off without supporting letter from doctor everyday after the esa50 deadline day i went into the surgery but still no letter anyway went in yesterday receptionist said letter on computer car,nt print it off cos needs docs signature collect it today so off i go to collect it this morning gets home opens it... its the exact same wording from the letter i had written by another g.p. for my pip tribunal except instead of saying pip it says esa on it also there was a note attached to the letter saying.. doctor feels unable to state the details you have given her as she does not have evidence to support this from your records so phychatrist,respiriatory consultant and autism team have sent all details over to my g.p. cos they have discussed this with me on other appointments she was the one who told me to write everything down so why say that.. it took my doctor nearly two weeks to copy a previous letter done by another g.p. which is word for word apart from two words six letters being changed from pip to esa and was charged for this letter.....
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.