Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How can they pull me in for a back to work interview?

jojokjojok Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in Disabled people
I have received a letter from income support for me to attend a work based interview I’m a full time carer for my Mum & also have health issues of my own & in receipt of standard rate pip I also receive the top up thru income Support like carers for myself 
I have fibromyalgia/ME sever atherits in my arms, shoulders, elbows & wrists as well as my lower back area.  I have severe Depression & anxiety as well as an enlarged heart I’m incontinant & have ibs as well as something wrong with my skin which they have no idea what it is how can they possibly pull me in for a back to work interview??

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's a work focused interview and is a standard interview that everyone who claims Income support has to attend. Just because it's a WFI it doesn't mean they will force you into work. These interviews have been in place for many years but only happen every 6-12 months. You do have to attend and there's no other option. If you don't attend you will be sanctioned and they will decrease your money. You won't be there long and once it's done you won't have to attend that's that, until your next one.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @jojok how are you doing? Have you attended the interview?
Sign in or join us to comment.