Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Son is on ESA - do I still have to pay towards my rent?

katejkatej Member Posts: 2 Listener
If my so is on esa doy i still have to pay towards my rent 


  • katejkatej Member Posts: 2 Listener
    If my son is on esa do i have to pay towards my rent
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    It depends on your circumstances, with very little information it's impossible to give any advice. I'd advise you to speak to your local CAB for a full benefits check or put all your details into a benefits calculator.

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • BenistmonkBenistmonk Member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    If your name is on the tenancy agreement, you pay the rent. It sounds like your son is living at home, so he won't get help with rent until he gets his own place with his name on the tenancy agreement.
Sign in or join us to comment.