Been placed in WRAG and desperate for advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Been placed in WRAG and desperate for advice please

Hi everyone,

I'm so grateful to of found this forum. My anxiety is in overdrive today.

I had a home assessment on 19/02/19 and I got a letter in the post yesterday informing me I have been placed in the WRAG group of ESA, the only reason they gave as to why I was placed in this group is " I have potential for the work related activity group ".

I also received a letter from the job centre with an appointment with an assessor for the beginning of April. 

I suffer with severe anxiety and panic attacks, so much so it effects my bladder and bowels, I had evidence from my doctor which I tried to give to the assessor but he said he never needed it, but they used my questionnaire for work compatibility which I filled in October 2017, which since then my whole mental health and issues have since become a lot worse. 
I answered everything the asked but every time I tried to explain myself with how I am now he said its fine I have everything they need, I thought that maybe they had contacted my GP but clearly they haven't.

I don't know what to do, I have all the evidence to prove my mental health effects the simplest of day to day activities, I can't even leave the front door. I've finished my CBT therapy, I just don't know where to turn.
I mentally and physically can't go to see a mentor, and I know my money will get sanctioned if I don't attend which is making me worse as I worry of paying my rent.

So sorry for the long essay but I don't know what to do, or who to speak to as I'm limited with going out so only over the phone is an option. 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.