Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
pip and home visit
Hello,I am having a PIP home visit on the 4th April, I suffer from agitated depression, psychosis, and paranoia. I get very very agitated and (appear to those that do not know me) to be very irate, threatening, and start to lose control of my head (starts to jerk all over the place) and, well you get my drift. My worry now is that the assessing person may misunderstand these symptoms and feel that I am threatening them, eventhough I never actually use any violent or threatening language. HELP.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.