Does any who has this condition claim pip or DLA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does any who has this condition claim pip or DLA?

jk42
jk42 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have CES and had decompression surgery on 30th January.  I had been to the gp 3 times the week before but the red flag symptoms were all ignored.  Does any who has this condition claim.pip or DLA.  As the symptoms were missed, the nerve damage is now permanent.  It has also left me with partial incontinence.  Seems so unfair.  I now have to take 1800mg of Gabapentin every day.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2019
    Hi @jk42 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. PIP is not based on a condition/illness, instead it is based on your ability to carry out daily tasks and mobility. For more information, we have a PIP section. Let us know if you need any further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jk42
    Thanks, I guess I'll just have to wait to see how they assess me. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @jk42 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

In response to your question. I would also advise as well speak to CAB  for form filling in. When you receive your PIP application form.

Very useful to know have expertise and knowledge to advise you and guidance.

Please ask if we can help with anything else. Some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, I have had spinal decompression surgery having seen my gp on a Thursday evening I was having a mri scan the next afternoon my symptoms where picked up and surgery went fine made a full recovery but due to an unbeknown condition I was diagnosed with MS so now claiming ESA and PIP. As for your missed diagnosis I wonder if you have a case of medical negligence if from your first doctors appointment how long was it before your condition was diagnosed? Just a thought.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    How does your nerve damage affect you?
  • jk42
    At the m ok moment, terrible pain in my back and legs, leg weakness and pins and needles as far as my feet.  Also not full sensation in my bladder and bowel, I'm not incontinent but have to make sure I use the toilet at regular times because I don't have the feeling I need to go.
  • jk42

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.