Benefits for my son leaves home — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Benefits for my son leaves home

Springfield66 Member Posts: 8 Listener
We are leaving London and I am lucky enough to be able to buy my son a studio flat but cannot provide on going financial support. He is currently receiving SEA as he suffers from Social Anxiety Disorder. He will not have a mortgage but will have to pay service charges and ground rent as it's leasehold. I am trying to ensure he will have somewhere when we are gone but don't know what he's entitled to as a result of his change of circumstances. His situation will no doubt be reviewed and I am worried he will struggle. Any advice really appreciated. Thank you



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.