ORZO, FARO AND FREGOLA MORE CHEAP EATS
Hello every one thought share the some more cheap eats. Orzo, Faro, Fregola.
These are grains and tiny pastas used in a variety of recipes.
Orzo is a tiny pasta more like rice and called Risini sometimes.
I use this especially with recipes like a salad or using up cold cuts of Chicken.
I buy Seafood mix which contains Prawns, Squid, Mussels all cooked. Easy to defrost over night.
Boil some Orzo a handful drain and rinse use this with a dressing. Home made.
You will need bag of Seafood mix defrosted. One bowl one Pan for Orzo. Use a handful per person.
Dressing 1Tablespoon Mayo.
1teaspoon Dijon Mustard
Dash of lemon juice I use a bottle all mixed together.
In a saucepan add a portion of Orzo per person a handful. Bring to boil simmer, drain and leave to go cold. You could rinse it if you wish to.
In a bowl make up the dressing add Seafood mix plus drained Orzo mix. Serve.
You can buy Seafood sauce like a Prawn cocktail sauce or make your own.
1Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup.
Dash of Tabasco, Worcester, Lemon juice. Mix together.
This is like Pearl Barley. Similar way to use it. In Ragu, One Pots . Easy to add to measure out. Follow instructions on packet.
If you used Pearl Barley same as that.
Used this with Chicken and Beef, Pork makes a change from Pearl Barley.
Tiny grains like Pasta called the Italian Couscous find this in big Supermarkets.
Again like Couscous used in Ragu, Fish Soup a speciality from Sardinia. Follow instructions on packet.
I have used this like Couscous and it is something different to try. Rather than Rice or other grains.
Both Faro and Fregola like Orzo can be boiled and used cold as mixed into Salads and simple dressings.
Especially good with cooked vegetables roasted in jars. Called Anti Pasti Jars. Which you would serve drained on bread.
Simple dressing would be Olive oil, Lemon juice. You can add Dijon Mustard, other are condiments . Such as Pesto.
Good quality Jars Pesto a helping hand to make simple salads and meals.
Be more to follow on Pesto.
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments