Can I cancel tribunal and stick with original decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Can I cancel tribunal and stick with original decision?

Seb Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Iv been waiting 37 weeks to go to tribunal , can u phone tribunal up and tell them u no longer want to carry on with the appeal, and stick with the first disision, I don't think I can go thro with it, I'm a emotional wreck


  • michfinch
    michfinch Member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Why why not try and explain why? Just ask first what would happen if you had to. Have to admit I’m coping - just - with the up and coming Tribunal but need to make sure everything is correct - have you someone to help?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,572

    Scope community team

    Hi @Seb, I'm so sorry you're finding the tribunal process so stressful. How are you feeling today? 37 weeks is a long time for you to be kept waiting, have you been in touch with them at all?
    I agree with @michfinch, it's worth trying to go through with it if you can - do you have any support or a representative?
    I've had a look and am unable to find any precedent for withdrawing from a tribunal without cancelling your entire claim. It might be worth you getting in touch with your local Citizens Advice Bureau and asking for their advice on the matter. 
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    I know how you feel. I've just started an appeal. I'm very nervous about the whole process. From my very limited experience, if you feel you cannot go through with it, may be you should just put in the papers and tell them you will not be attending. Or get a representative to help you through, as michfinch and Adrian suggests. Best of luck, whatever you decide.

    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.