Claiment is called a lying *****, by DWP . — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiment is called a lying *****, by DWP .

Options
Threesticks
Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This is outrageous.

The Department for Work and Pensions has been criticised after one of its officials apparently submitted papers to a benefits appeal tribunal in which they called a disabled claimant a “lying ****”.

The submission, formally rejecting an appeal by a disabled woman against the removal or downgrading of her personal independence payment (PIP) award, was made public by her outraged advice worker.

In an extract from the papers, the DWP official questions whether the claimant is genuinely entitled to carer’s allowance, a benefit for people who care for another person for at least 35 hours a week.

“In this lying bitches [sic] case she is receiving the mid-rate carers [sic] allowance component for providing day time supervision to another disabled person. The tribunal may wish to explore this further,” the official writes.

A welfare adviser posted a copy of the submission on the discussion boards of Rightsnet, a site for advice workers.

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, if the posting didn’t name names or a particular address or location or dates then the information was posted in the public domain for all to read but no personal details where in evidence as to identify the offended claimant, but the individual would or could relate to the posting on reading it or being told about by another who knew of their circumstances.
  • Threesticks
    Options
    It was her Rep who read and reported it. This is what I'm getting at, the growing contempt for claimants. Does it matter if the claimant read it or not.

He added that while he had seen an increase in general hostility towards claimants by the DWP in recent years, he had not encountered anything like this: “It’s the sheer contempt: I have never seen it go to these depths before.”

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options
    It was her Rep who read and reported it. This is what I'm getting at, the growing contempt for claimants. Does it matter if the claimant read it or not.

He added that while he had seen an increase in general hostility towards claimants by the DWP in recent years, he had not encountered anything like this: “It’s the sheer contempt: I have never seen it go to these depths before.”

Oh I have. My favourite issue was when the ESA assessor decided to put pen to paper on the 'not to be sent to the claimant - harmful information' page of the assessor's report that is normally used to log suspicions of a medical problem that the claimant is not aware of and described be as ignorant, arrogant, deceitful, argumentative and doubted that I knew what the word truth actually meant.

Unbeknown to me that particular page was circulated to all and sundry including the Tribunal. I only found out of it's existence when I applied for a copy of my complete ESA file. Some idiot at the DWP actually photocopied the document and sent it to me in error!
  • Threesticks
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but all fine attributes to have against that lot. The thing that pees me off the most, it's money we've all paid in and still do, in tax. That pays their wages.
  • LaughingLolly
    LaughingLolly Community member Posts: 100 Pioneering
    Options
     :'(  it  can sometimes happen. I have to do the supervision for my autistic son because no one else can. Not always about choices of lies. 
    A laugh a day keeps the psychiatrist at bay. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.