Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Can anyone give me advice?
Hi I’m new to this. I’m single mum to Alexandra (you will see her in my profile pic) who is 16 years old and has spastic diplegia cerebral palsy. She walks in a walker indoors and uses wheelchair outside. I wonder if anyone can give me some advice. She had an appointment with her neurologist a few weeks ago and she copied me in on a letter to her gp where she stated she had lumbar lordosis. This has never been discussed with me at orthopaedics. Her physiotherapist pointed it out to me when she was standing the other day a curve at base of spine worse standing than sitting. Can anyone give me advice about this she’s not due to go to orthopaedics til May and I know I’m going to be worried about her til then. She’s had so many major surgeries to her hips and knees I don’t think she could take any more. Thanks so much Anne
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 610 Work and employment
- 511 Education
- 930 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 683 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.