Savings statements for ESA3(IBRD) — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Savings statements for ESA3(IBRD)

davwoo Member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm filling out the ESA3(IBRD) form on behalf of my daughter who is on the Autism Spectrum. I'm trying to master this form as its asking for information from 2013 to 2015 as regards her "savings". They are hinting that they may need evidence if her "savings" were over £5500. Her "savings" will be a mix of a current account and a small savings account. Have attempted to call DWP but have given up as the phone just plays me music continually. My question to them and the community is....if they want statements to confirm savings does that mean they want 32 monthly statements or just 3 year ends. Has anyone any idea as getting the former is going to be a tiresome whilst the latter is less fraught.


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    if your daughters savings exceeded £5500 then you will need to provide statements for the periods that it did excceed the ammount and again for when her savings dropped to below. If her savings never exceeded the £5500 then you do not need to supply any statements.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • davwoo
    davwoo Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for that info......I'll recheck her statements again


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.