Just getting used to coping with her life long condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just getting used to coping with her life long condition

AngelaBallerina13
AngelaBallerina13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity
I'm new to here, my daughter was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism and Sensory processing difficulties last June, so am just getting used to coping with her life long condition. I have good days and bad days.
How's everyone else?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AngelaBallerina13

Welcome to our online community/family.

We have got some info/advice on our community/site.

There is also a number of members who are in similar situations.

You will also find a section on our here for “Parents” which you may find useful????

Please let me know how you feel & I will get things going for you????

@steve51
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @AngelaBallerina13 how are you doing today? Thank you for sharing this with us. 

Scope has recently set up a new service called Navigate. Navigate provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis or have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability (within 12 months). The aim is to provide parents of a child with a disability with emotional and practical support and help them navigate these early stages. It also gives parents a chance to talk through things and how they're feeling in a safe space.

If you think this may be something that could benefit you please visit https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate or call 0808 801 0510. smile 

You may want to join our parent and carers discussions, autism and aspergers discussions and we have our 
    Autism and Aspergers advisor @SparkleSheffieldAutismAdvisors if you have any questions.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.