My UC payment is £0 — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

My UC payment is £0

billyd966 Member Posts: 6 Listener
my universal credit payment this month that was supposed to be paid on 4/4/19 is £0 , I was due to receive £251 but as I had reported earnings from my last job of £388 on the 28/2/2019 they awarded me £0 ,  I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t afford to live from 28/2/2019 to 4/5/2019 nearly 10 weeks off £380..   this doesn’t seem right to me. I am apparently not eligible for any advances ect ! Does anyone know what I can do ? 


  • Freddy67
    Freddy67 Member Posts: 24 Connected
    Do you have a welfare rights or cab in your area that you can contact for advice? And have you asked the dwp abput iit?

    UC is flawed and should be scrapped, I've seen nothing but bad comments about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,956 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I'm no expert but this is probably correct as you had earnings end Feb more than due payment means not entitled to March payment so not eligible till April and as UC is paid in arrears you won't be paid till may. But get it checked and ask them to explain to you. Hope you get it sorted 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,596 Scope online community team
    Hello @billyd966 welcome to the community. As @janer1967 said, if you feel it's incorrect, it's always best to contact them as they'll be able to go through it with you. Unfortunately from my understanding, it does seem correct as your last payment from work will have fallen during your assessment period, so it's considered as earnings.
    The advance can only be applied for during the first assessment period, so once that's over, you're no longer eligible to apply. Unfortunately, you should have been advised to apply for that during your initial assessment period.
    I'm going to tag in @BenefitsTrainingCo as they may be able to give some insight or advise you on anything else you can do while waiting for your first payment.
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,622 Pioneering
    Hu @billyd966 unfortunately I do not think there is going to be much to suggest and indeed the money received from your last job will count as income.  I can only suggest accessing your local food bank and contacting any companies who you can delay payments to until your next payment, such as your gas and electric company.  I would also suggest contacting  your local council to ask if there is any local welfare provision schemes in your area which may be able to help in some way, although this is patchy across the country.  Do ensure you reclaim UC though, this is a lesser job than a whole new claim, but you will have to reactivate your claim by effectively making a new claim now that is has become dormant due to having zero entitlement.  I am sorry I cannot suggest anything  else.  Sarah
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • billyd966
    billyd966 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Thanks for all your help ! Very kind 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.