Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Change in circumstances

TeddyB22TeddyB22 Member Posts: 170 Courageous
I recently spent 5 weeks in Hospital with Pneumonia after I aspirated in my sleep (vomit went into my lungs). While I was in hospital I got a virus that attached my heart and liver. I'm now having to take tablets for high blood pressure & something for my liver. I was waiting on word back from PIP about an appeal. It had been over a year. While they dealt with depression and anxiety I wonder if I should write to them about my latest developments?
I'm living with my brother while I wait on being rehomed by the HE. I really think the intimidation and threats I've been subjected to over the last year contributed to my health. Really in limbo here. Terribly depressed and hurt that the Housing Executive don't see me as a priority case.
Any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks,
TeddyB.

Replies

• Dotty123Dotty123 Member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Get cab help you and fight it if you don’t youl be left with nothing 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,352 Disability Gamechanger
    @TeddyB22, The tribunal will not be intrested in any new evidence regarding your recent hospital admission as they are only deal with your original PIP claim from a year ago that you are apealing. Get well and keep posting
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Teddy

As wilko says, the tribunal will not be able to consider any new condition since the original assessment.
    If your condition has deteriorated to a degree that a higher award might be appropriate then you should consider a change of circumstance. However, doing so is always a risky undertaking especially as you are waiting for a tribunal decision. You should get trained advice form an agency near you before taking any further action
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • TeddyB22TeddyB22 Member Posts: 170 Courageous
    Thanks for your replies.
Sign in or join us to comment.