Pip assessment form — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip assessment form

CARL58 Member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi can someone please give me a piece of advice we did CARL58 pip part 1 over the phone on 29/03/19 and still awaiting the pip assessment form does it take them a while to send them out or should I ring them again about pip forms I noticed on there recent letter if you want claim pip to call them by 17 April 2019 which was done on the 29 march 2019 or are they going to wait until 17 April  before they send out find its confusing as I don't want to trouble CARL58 at moment he's enough on his plate.Seeng someone  from PALS on Friday morning jen


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,946 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jen, waiting times for a PIP assessment can vary. For my first initial face to face assessment, I waited about 8 weeks.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CARL58
    CARL58 Member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Ami2301 thanks for that info but where stilling waiting for the pip forms to come jen
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,946 Disability Gamechanger
    Probably best to give them a ring, let us know how you get on :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jen

    It usually take 2-3 weeks for the PIP2 form to arrive. please ring them if it takes longer. From the date on the letter you will have a month to complete and return it,  you can ring and ask for a 2 week extension and if that is not enough then it is possible to ask for a further 2 weeks, a case manager will be needed to grant this further extension. The form needs to be received by them by the due date not just posted
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.