A bit about me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A bit about me

Options
rainbowtears
rainbowtears Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi I don't know where to start I've had anxiety depression 20years been up and down since then but for the last few years I've been struggling in work dealing with customers sweating trembling glasses flogging just scared of next person who going to be rude,until and last year I was abused by a nasty customer leading me to run off my till having a massive panic attack and haven't been back since I cant,I've spent the past year trying to get referrals to rhumatoligis and phsycatrist as have osteoarthritis lower spine and neck sever pain top of shoulders muscle tops of arms,I had my pip report this morn of lower rate only,I'm thankfull for that but cant believe the blaintent lies on form they contradicted themselves by saying I suffer with this and that but scored no points,my evidence from gp missed out all meds apart from anti ds my neck arthritis no xray reports nothing,dwp completely blanked my mental health problems and the panic attack I had in easement room leading to assessor opening window as was stripping off as sweating so bad non of that mentioned anywhere,I have rung to start a reconsideration but have now got to give more evidence proof,which I'm doing,I don't understand why everything I said almost at assessment was missing or wrong or twisted,I've done my 28weeks ssp and about to be let go as they say I'm not fit for work,I've applied for uni credit heard nothing at all yet,sorry so long got get it all out know its exhausting,why would they do this when been sick for 22 years not just walked in the door for benefits for a hernia,I feel like they think I'm attention seeking or something not a nice feeling,I'm doing a study for anxiety depression through the glad DNA study at mo hoping something will pop up to use as evidence ,I've finished tired now

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @rainbowtears   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Please do not apologise for your post. We are here to listen, be supportive anytime.

Sorry what you have been through. There will be many of our community members who can identify what you are have been through.

I am one.  Do understand everything you are saying.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please can I suggest you get some help with your MR. I would have a look on our website . We have a lot of information.

Also consider speaking to CAB might be useful . They have knowledge, expertise with benefits and especially things like this.

Please may I also advise are you receiving any support with your mental health?

I know it might be worth considering. 

I use mental health charities used this one last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Can help with mental health wellbeing plus additional support with benefits and welfare. Can assist with assessments. Usually by attending. Often intervention by a floating support or an outreach worker might be beneficial to getting the right decision.

Please can I ask have you spoken to your GP. May help and offer anything additional signposting. Guidance and advice.

You could apply to surgery. For Patients Access or other websites. This means that you could access your records and down load them if you wish to.

Also can book an appointment on line or have any medication delivered to your home.

This excellent to hear that your doing a study for anxiety and depression. Wish you all the success with anything you do.

I myself always learning constantly about mental health my own needs and have done a lot of self help wellbeing courses.  Including Nutrition and Food science related.

Please if we can help with anything please ask.

Your a valued member of our community.

Please keep in touch.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi hope you're feel OK today. We know how you feel, there are many who share your disappointment at the assessment centre. I felt I was being tricked and when I received the assessment report, that confirmed it for me.  I sat down,feeling dejected and let down by the very system I'd supported all my working life. So how to make an MR. I was informed by the DWP to put my MR in writing. I looked what my score was on each question, then worked out what they were actually trying to achieve with their assessment questions.

I know, as you do, your condition best. A forty minute assessment cannot possible achieve their aim. So get some help to write the MR letter if you can. Look at the points you were awarded, but what you should have got and didn't. Examine every angle and think why you answered the original million page questionnaire the way you did. What you missed, I missed loads. Explain this in your MR letter and why you should receive the correct points.

You're not alone in this. Do your research, check the links here.  Hope this helps, best of luck.     

If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @rainbowtears
    Have you applied for a mandatory reconsideration with regards to your PIP? Please let us know if you need any help with this, you only have a limited amount of time to do it.

When did you apply for Universal Credit and have you supplied them with your sick notes?
    With Universal Credit you won't hear back whether it's been accepted or not until the end of your assessment period. Your circumstances (income etc) are assessed every month and an award is given based upon that. Have you had any identity and commitment meetings? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.