Change of circumstances - PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances - PIP

Options
suzie58
suzie58 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi i done a changev of circumstances with pip they lowerd my money from enchanced daily living an 0 mobility i had standerd mobility the tribe uniall awarded me this for 3 years before my circumstancess changed

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Did you take advice before making that application? Did you consider that you should have received more points to give you a better award. No point in making that application if you were already on the enhanced level.
  • suzie58
    suzie58 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I did not I had enchanted daily livin it was my mobility’s part I needed my doctor gave me a letter to say why the person has just told a load of lies also the courts awarded me this for 3 years and they have took it back didn’t think they could do that thanks twonker
  • buffy6956
    buffy6956 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    I’ve done a change of circumstances too am just waiting to hear… I can’t believe they have the right to take points that a judge at a tribunal awarded which is still well within its review period… it’s a joke and should not be allowed… people like us have struggled to get what we have going all the way to a tribunal only for that to mean absolutely nothing should I need to put in for a change of circumstances…. A judges ruling should not be allowed to be overturned unless there is sufficient evidence to prove that whatever condition that gave u those points in the first place has got better… please update us on how you’ve got in since this post
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    buffy6956 said:
    I’ve done a change of circumstances too am just waiting to hear… I can’t believe they have the right to take points that a judge at a tribunal awarded which is still well within its review period… it’s a joke and should not be allowed… people like us have struggled to get what we have going all the way to a tribunal only for that to mean absolutely nothing should I need to put in for a change of circumstances…. A judges ruling should not be allowed to be overturned unless there is sufficient evidence to prove that whatever condition that gave u those points in the first place has got better… please update us on how you’ve got in since this post
    This thread is more than 3 years old. Hopefully the OP appealed the decision and had the correct award in the end.
    Any new decision will always overrule a current award regardless of who made that decision. 
    You should always get expert advice before reporting any changes. If it’s a worsening of condition, it doesn’t mean more points can be scored for a higher award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.