PIP tribunal advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal advice

LittleGizmo86
LittleGizmo86 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hi guys

I need some advice from yourselves as I am not sure where to turn. 

I failed a pip tribunal and it's clearly a sham. It's like it isn't even my file that they used. Anyway I know it can be looked at to see if there were any errors of law etc. I went to Cab but been told the Cab for my area now longer offer welfare help due to funding cuts and the most they can do is help you fill the forms out.

Are there any other agencies I can contact for help as I am really confused. 

Many thanks 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LittleGizmo86 sorry to hear what has happened. Was this a first-tier tribunal or upper tribunal?l
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LittleGizmo86 and welcome

Other agencies that may be able to help are Welfare right or Law society if you have them in your area.

If you have no award in payment then there is an option to make a new application but unless you have new evidence or your condition has become worse, then the result would likely be the same.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • LittleGizmo86
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @LittleGizmo86 sorry to hear what has happened. Was this a first-tier tribunal or upper tribunal?l
    Hi thanks for the reply. It was first tier. They have totally ignored my request for a statement of reasons. My application was messed up every step of the way (even admitted by the DWP themselves) and the appeal outcome totally ignores most of my disabilities. I know if there is an error of law I can go to upper tier but don't want to do it alone as that is why they are walking all over me. Also I have asked twice for the statement of reasons and they have totally ignored me. I went to CAB but mine doesn't have funding for it anymore :(
  • LittleGizmo86
    Hi @LittleGizmo86 and welcome

Other agencies that may be able to help are Welfare right or Law society if you have them in your area.

If you have no award in payment then there is an option to make a new application but unless you have new evidence or your condition has become worse, then the result would likely be the same.
    Thanks for the reply. I couldn't bare to apply and go through all that again :(

I have a law society near me but they told me they don't deal with PIP? I will see if there is a welfare rights. Thank you :) 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Let us know how it goes, @LittleGizmo86

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.