Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Careers allowance & careers element
hi , My dad recently suffered from a stroke and is claiming PIP he got his award though the other day and is entitled to enhanced rate on both sections. My mum his his primary career and receives universal credit and looking to claim as a Carer for him , but after looking online I see there is a couple of caters benefits she might be entitled to , the obvious carers allowance but I’ve also seen of a carers element of universal credit , is she only entitled to the element or is she entitled to both if she qualifies ? We are a little unsure and would be grateful for any points in the right direction.
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 841 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 304 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 707 Chronic pain and pain management
- 719 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.