Trying to find relief from awful pain, I suspect I have peripheral neuropathy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying to find relief from awful pain, I suspect I have peripheral neuropathy

Options
linnikins
linnikins Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am on here because I suspect I have peripheral neuropathy, my Neurologist has not confirmed and my podiatrist also does not know what’s wrong, so I am researching myself to see if I can find some relief from the awful pains and numbness in my feet.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @linnikins welcome to the community! Many members of our community suffer with peripheral neuropathy, including myself. Like yourself, I had to do a lot of research as my doctor at the time was not helping in any way at all.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @linnikins
    Welcome to the community, there is some information on the NHS website about treating peripheral neuropathy though you may well have seen all this. 
    @Ami2301 when you say you had to do a lot of research, what sort of thing did that involve?

Our member @Jopeco talked about Peripheral Neuropathy here. and @kevans spoke about it here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A lot of reading on NHS and other websites. I spent months trying to describe this pain I was experiencing but no medical professional believed me. I couldn't sleep properly for months because I didn't know what was wrong.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Krystal
    Krystal Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    1. Hi my names Krystal l have an condition could Arachnoiditis which now I find it very difficult to walk I walk with a fram and walking sticks, mostly in a wheelchair. The pain is unbelievable I am on lots of pain killers, my damage on my spaniel area is from L4-L5, L5-S1 and S1with the nerve thickening which is what called the Arachnoiditis, I go to the Respiratory Department at ST George’s University Hospital as I have a lung disease called Bronchiectasis. I am in pain all of the time but I have been told there is not a thing that can be done due to the steroids that was injections into my lower back. The injections had a liquid in that should not have been used as it was banned from this country in 1974. I am on here as I spend a lot of time on my own and I would love to chat to anyone that feels lonely as I do. Many thanks who ever has a read of this and is unsure plz ask as many questions ???

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Krystal welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm sorry to hear this, how are you doing today?
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @linnikins how are you doing today? Has you Neurologist been in touch with you yet?
  • linnikins
    linnikins Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello, no I’ve got to wait , he is at the moment trying to get hold of my sons Neuru in South Africa to find out more info about his diagnosis for Charcot Marie tooth., so meanwhile today I managed to get my doctor to prescribe me some Axsain  cream for my feet, I heard that it really helps with the pain when walking, so il collect it tomoz and fingers crossed it might help. Have you heard of this cream?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.