Road tax — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Road tax

Options
Kitten6810
Kitten6810 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi everyone am new to this group does anyone no about what car tax discounts you can get if your claiming pip and esa please

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi
    As far as I know if you get higher rate mobility pip your tax is free I got instructions on how to claim free tax with my pip award letter. Hope this helps 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kitten6810 welcome to the community! 

Free tax disc (Vehicle Excise Duty)

Some disabled people can get Exemption of VED for one car. You, or someone you nominate, may have a free ‘tax disc' if you get:

• high rate DLA mobility component
    • enhanced rate PIP mobility component
    • armed forces independence payment
    • war pensioners supplement

If you get the standard rate mobility component of PIP, you may be entitled to 50% off your VED. When you are awarded your qualifying benefit, you should be sent a re-usable Certificate of Entitlement. You'll need this each time you renew your VED. Even if you have a certificate, the DVLA can refuse to grant an exemption if they think the vehicle will not be used solely by or for the purposes of the disabled person.

Hope this helps - let us know if you have any further questions :)

Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.