Waiting to hear back about MR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Waiting to hear back about MR

shaneb245 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello, i had a stroke in sept 17 and was left with a paralysed right arm severe weakness in right leg and a dvt in right calf, i received full mobility pip and living allowance, my mobility allowance was stopped 2 months ago and I appealed [mandatory notice] however I have heard nothing since, was wondering what do I do now?


  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @shaneb245 welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear this. How are you doing today? 

    According to the Citizen Advice website, you can get updates on your appeal.:

    Track Your Appeal
    Telephone: 0300 123 1142, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm

    Calls usually cost up to 40p a minute from mobiles and up to 10p a minute from landlines. It should be free if you have a contract that includes calls to landlines - check with your supplier if you’re not sure.

    Please let us know if you have any questions.

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,476 Disability Gamechanger

    There's no timescales for any decisions. However, most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Only 18% of MR decisions change.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,576 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @shaneb245!
    As Poppy said there isn't any set timescale. It's always worth giving them a ring to check on progress though. 
    Best of luck and do let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.