occupational therapist installing aids — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

occupational therapist installing aids

tara2019 Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
having aids,  grab rails, installed all over my house and outside due to my disability and mobility at this moment free of charge, but then the dwp says theres nothing wrong with, when i go to tribunal should i take photos of all adaptations done in my home, as extra evidence advice please.  


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,447 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I would its extra supportive evidence. 
  • tara2019
    tara2019 Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    yes thats what i thought thanks.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Connected
    edited April 2019
    Photos could have been taken of someone else's home. What is important is a copy of the assessment and recommendations made by and completed by Social Services.
    In our home we had 5 pieces of equipment installed/delivered by a contractor based on the recommendations made by Social Services. All bar one were not accepted by the assessor or the DWP as they were seen as more a question of choice to avoid worries that something might happen. The one piece that was accepted made it possible to carry out an activity previously which was impossible. 
  • tara2019
    tara2019 Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Oki thanks I phoned dwp today as MR letter has not arrived yet they sent it on 10th told them that I'm needing that for tribunal and told them I was at that time having addaptations install through social services due to assistance needed with my daily living and mostly mobility I also asked if they got all evidence which I sent at mr stage they said yes they looked at it so I then said you are calling my doctor msk specialist physio mental health team pain clinic and all medical reports all lies everything the assessor said lies and no input I proved the input was there anyway gonna try get on with life as bad as it thanks for advice happy Easter and enjoy the sunshine x


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.