PIP AWARD POLICY — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP AWARD POLICY

Options

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    I have no idea what that is about. It seems to be a guidance of a sort for the DWP. It certainly doesn't affect the claimant unless I am missing something?

• tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Options
    A very specific insight into the details of how things should be dealt with. It’s very clear that this is not happening.

My mum had her PIP letter through today. She scored 0 points across the board and she has a degenerative condition and has a great toll on her day to day life. She works hard but only manages to work 2 days per week.

If the information on the above document was being followed she’d at least qualify for the low rate daily living as she was awarded at her last review 2 years ago.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just had a quick look and download the pdf to add to my PIP information, if reading it explains how the time frames for PIP awards are made and set useful bit of information.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.