Are there any benefits I can claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are there any benefits I can claim?

Willowtree
Willowtree Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello to everyone in the community, I suffer with fibromyalgia, IBS and asthma.  I work full time but sometimes i find it a struggle getting up in a morning and sometimes I just need someone to talk to even if it is online.  I would also like to know if there are any benefits I could claim such as a mobility badge.   Everyone enjoy the rest of their easter.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Willowtree Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry to hear you are struggling.  Thank you for joining and sharing.

You come to the right place for information, support and friendship.

I am one of the team of community champions. We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look at our website lots of information on benefits.

The criteria you need to claim.

Also you could use this link.  https://www.gov.uk./browse/benefits.

I would suggest speak to CAB for additional advice and guidance to see what your entitled to. Do a benefits review.

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything.  Some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

Be happy to chat or talk anytime. Be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Willowtree and welcome

If you are having problems with daily living activities or mobility then the benefit to apply for would be PIP

Take the self test to see if you might be eligable

You can also apply to your local council if your mobility is restricted and you need a Blue Badge but don't meet the criteria for PIP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Willowtree welcome to the community! Do have a look at the links provided above! If you have any further questions or would like to talk then please do let us know :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Willowtree! Did you have a good Easter?

CockneyRebel has provided some great advice regarding benefits and I hope you'll find plenty of people here on the community who you can relate to and have a chat with.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.