Motability asking for car back — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motability asking for car back

Options
Bianca73
Bianca73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can anyone offer any advice please, I have have not received my PIP decision from my last assessment (September 2018) yet Motability are asking for my car back with effect from the 15th of December 2019. Can this be done without sending me a decision or giving me a chance to have a MR ? I unfortunately didn’t pay attention to the yearly update so failed to notice the difference in payments. Thank you. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bianca73 and welcome

Often other departments and organisations are informed of decisions electronically which is a lot quicker than the decision snail mail. You should ring the DWP for a copy of the assessment report and decision letter.

Many people are having to return their cars, and even if they eventually regain their award they are being asked to pay the grace period before being accepted back onto the scheme. A motability vehicle is not always the best option due to the way PIP reviews are going, there is no guarantee that if you win back your award this time , the same won't happen again at your next review
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.