Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Disabled Facilities Grant

PADDYDUBPADDYDUB Member Posts: 2 Listener
hi everyone
i have applied for a DFG
and was looking for means test threshold


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,300 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019
    @PADDDYDUB, Hello and welcome, have you looked on line for information about getting, applying for an disability falcility grant, the government site has all the information needed plus there is a wealth of information on line. 
  • PADDYDUBPADDYDUB Member Posts: 2 Listener
    thanks for the reply
    looked everywhere no information
    at all for the means test threshold

  • atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering

    You should have savings under £6,000 and various benefits are disregarded (PIP).

    If the grant is for someone 18 years or younger, then there is no means test.

    You will have to provide full financial disclosure at the time of applying for the grant, I suggest you contact your local council direct.

    You have a statutory right to apply for a grant.

    They will send an OT to undertake an assessment of the disabled person’s needs.

    This is a “tapered” benefit, so you should be entitled to some funding.

    Keep us informed
Sign in or join us to comment.