Unsure what this means — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unsure what this means

Options
amullin42511
amullin42511 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I received a letter saying they are asking healthcare professionals involved in my care for more information even tho I sent in all the reports I had from them. Is that a good thing? 

Comments

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Options
    It’s normal. They said they did me. No such thing never wrote to my doctor or anyone . Standard ****
  • amullin42511
    amullin42511 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Oh I wondered why they would write to them when I had already sent all the reports. Did you still have to go to a face to face interview? 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    It’s difficult to predict but best to assume there will still be a face to face assessment. Occasionally there isn’t, but it depends how detailed the evidence is & how far conclusions about what descriptors apply can be drawn from the evidence & your PIP2 form.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's rare for them to contact anyone but it does happen. For my daughters PIP they were contacted twice. Once when i first claimed for her and again for her recent review. After they were contacted for her review she had a paper based assessment but this is rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.