Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I’ve just received a letter
I’ve just received a letter about a fault in the esa payments from 2014-2017 I’m unsure on what I would be entitled to as far as I can remember I was on incapacity benefit then put on low esa and that had continued up til 2017 where I had a brief 6 month period of working... I’ve never had a partner living with me and I don’t have any savings... I’ve just recently been awarded high rate pip and sick pay through universal credit.... would my circumstances now be taking into consideration of any money owed.? Am I entitled to any.? I’m taking it I am due to receiving the letter in the first place I don’t want to get my hopes up
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.