Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I’ve just received a letter

I’ve just received a letter about a fault in the esa payments from 2014-2017 I’m unsure on what I would be entitled to as far as I can remember I was on incapacity benefit then put on low esa and that had continued up til 2017 where I had a brief 6 month period of working... I’ve never had a partner living with me and I don’t have any savings... I’ve just recently been awarded high rate pip and sick pay through universal credit.... would my circumstances now be taking into consideration of any money owed.? Am I entitled to any.? I’m taking it I am due to receiving the letter in the first place I don’t want to get my hopes up 


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    All those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA will be contacted whether you're entitled to any back dated money or not. Some have been contacted, filled out the form and aren't entitled to any money.

    Whether you're entitled to any back dated money from between those dates will depend on what group you were placed into at the time. There's no such thing as low ESA. There's 2 groups for ESA, WRAG or Support Group. Low ESA could suggest you were in the WRAG.

    At this stage it's impossible to tell you whether or not you're entitled to any back dated money up until that date. You will need to fill out the form, return it to DWP and they'll assess you correctly. Once they've done this they will contact you with a decision.

    Your circumstances now won't be taken into consideration. It's only between those dates in the letter that count.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.