PIP mobility — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP mobility

delise1 Member Posts: 55 Connected
Hello I have been receiving pip for 2 years and bit I used to get mobility at enhanced rate until April lost year. From may lost year I started getting mobility at stardard rate now mobility has get worse than before some days I cannot even stand up or walk I have to be in bed even when my partner try to sit up in bed it's very hard because of the pain I am feeling in my legs sometime my feet feel like I am walking and broken bottles am so stressed out sometime my entire body begins to shake I am so worried that if I call Pip and let them know that my mobility has getting worse I have to go and do an assessment again which caused me great stress I get constantly nervous and stressed and that's when my anxiety kicks in and I can't do anything I cannot concentrate I'm so worried about this I can't sleep at night can someone help me with this and tell me what to do I really need help I need some advice please. delise1


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,457 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2019
    Hello, as a benefit claiments we are duty bound to inform the DWP if our condition changes for the better or worsens. This stated in the information sent with our award notification letter. So if your conditions have worsened the DWP will need to have you reassed to dertimin if your Pip needs to be increased. It's stressful and annoying but this has to be done so as to make sure you are getting the right amount of benefits. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,578 Scope online community team
    Hello @delise1, I'm really sorry to hear how much you're struggling at the moment. MIND has some great resources about dealing with anxiety which might be of use to you in the short-term. 

    In regards to your PIP: as @wilko says, you should inform the DWP if your condition has worsened, but it will also trigger re-assessment. However, in that event we will of course support you as best we can. We have plenty of information and we'll do our utmost to help prepare you for the assessment.
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.