Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Universal credit

emilymills55 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
im on long time sick and I needed to fill in a Questionnaire and waiting to here back from them do anyone know how long it will be I also have just been  diagnosed  with new health things what do I do 


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger

    [email protected]   Pleased to meet you. Welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join.

    Understand you always  should inform DWP of any changes that effect your claim.

    Photocopy any new evidence. Send it with a covering letter. Your NI number and name on each sheet.

    They will inform you.  Could be a while. Depends on backlogs.  Usually eight weeks or longer.

    Hope that helps you.

    Please ask if we can help with anything further.

    Some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,273 Disability Gamechanger

    It depends on backlog in your area. A diagnosis makes no difference to your current claim because it's not about a diagnosis. Telling DWP about the new diagnosis, could start your work capability assessment process off again and you'll be sent more forms.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.