Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
am wondering whether anyone else has had this happen to them
Hi I am a mum to a 35 year old son who has quadriplegic spastic cerebral palsy due to medical negligence at his birth which cause a brain acquired injury. I am wondering whether anyone else has had this happen. In 2009 the NHS took away his access to continuing health care and his complex care package and we have been left without access other than paying privately. It has now ben decided he does meet the criteria fo CHC back dated to 2016.
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.