Hi to all — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi to all

Options
brighthouse500
brighthouse500 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I went for my assessment today my appointment was for 9.40 I wasnt called in till 10.40 only a few people their.

I went in and she asked me about my bowel issues and rest of my health problems I put on my form and asked me questions about depression ect and then she asked me if I ever felt suicidal as I take citalopram 40 mg tabs.
I said no but it dosnt mean I do not feel happy with my health conditions.
Should she have asked me that Question @t all.
When I got home and did my blood sugar it was Sky High proberbly thinking about what she said stressed me out.

Brighthouse500.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The reason they ask you those questions is to try to get a picture of how your conditions affect you so yes unfortunately they can ask those sort of questions.

Leave it about a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • brighthouse500
    brighthouse500 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

I wont be here for a while going on holiday to stay with my sister for a bit as have lots of health probs at the moment ect.
    So hopefully will help me feel better soon.

Brighthouse500.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @brighthouse500.
    Sorry the assessment stressed you out so much, have your sugar levels returned to normal?

Have a good holiday and try not to think too much about the assessment! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.