Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi to all

I went for my assessment today my appointment was for 9.40 I wasnt called in till 10.40 only a few people their.

I went in and she asked me about my bowel issues and rest of my health problems I put on my form and asked me questions about depression ect and then she asked me if I ever felt suicidal as I take citalopram 40 mg tabs.
I said no but it dosnt mean I do not feel happy with my health conditions.
Should she have asked me that Question @t all.
When I got home and did my blood sugar it was Sky High proberbly thinking about what she said stressed me out.

Brighthouse500.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The reason they ask you those questions is to try to get a picture of how your conditions affect you so yes unfortunately they can ask those sort of questions.

Leave it about a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • brighthouse500brighthouse500 Member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi Poppy,

I wont be here for a while going on holiday to stay with my sister for a bit as have lots of health probs at the moment ect.
    So hopefully will help me feel better soon.

Brighthouse500.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

Scope community team

Hi @brighthouse500.
    Sorry the assessment stressed you out so much, have your sugar levels returned to normal?

Have a good holiday and try not to think too much about the assessment! :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.