Someone help please. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Someone help please.

mercedesbd
mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
Im asking for someone else, I’m in the ESA Support Group and I get £500 a month as someone’s getting carers for me I don’t get the SDP although I qualify for it. 

My family member is claiming UC he gets £250 a month if he gets through the assesment stage and passes for LCWRA how much will he be entitled to? No body gets carers for him. Because if he was to claim normal ESA and pass to support group he’d be entitled to £194 a week but on UC it’s only calculating up as £146 a week? That’s with the £250 single allowance and £336 LCWRA element = £586  a month Across 4 weeks is £146 a week.

Or am I missing an element? Or is this all your entitled to on UC? That’s short of nearly £50 a week

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm assuming that this person is under 25? as i note that you say he claims £250 at the moment, which is the single person rate for under 25's.

You're right, if he's given LCWRA then he'll receive £336 (recent increase) from the 4th month of his claim starting from when they sent in their first sick/fit note. This means they will receive £586 per month. On top of that will be the housing element, if they're claiming for rent.

I also see that someone claims carers allowance for you, is this the same person that's claiming the carers allowance?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mercedesbd
    Thank you & He doesn’t claim rent. So will it just be £586? And no it’s not him it’s my mum who claims it & Yes he is under 25.  He sent in sick note from the very start of his claim    So after 4 months does he get assessed then get the LCWRA or gets it automatically after until he’s assessed as long as he’s providing sick notes?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Yes, it will just be the £586 if he's given LCWRA.

He needs to be assessed first and wait for a decision to made before they add the element. If the decision is LCWRA then they add it. The waiting time for this is 3 months but as UC is paid in arrears it's paid from the 4 month of the claim. If he's waiting longer than this time to be assessed if he's owed money it's backdated to the 4th month. If he's assessed and a decision is made before this then he has to wait until the 4th month before it's added. If it was automatically added at 4 months and the decision wasn't LCWRA then he would owe DWP that extra money.

If the decision is LCW then he won't receive any extra money. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mercedesbd
    You're welcome. Yes, it will just be the £586 if he's given LCWRA.

He needs to be assessed first and wait for a decision to made before they add the element. If the decision is LCWRA then they add it. The waiting time for this is 3 months but as UC is paid in arrears it's paid from the 4 month of the claim. If he's waiting longer than this time to be assessed if he's owed money it's backdated to the 4th month. If he's assessed and a decision is made before this then he has to wait until the 4th month before it's added. If it was automatically added at 4 months and the decision wasn't LCWRA then he would owe DWP that extra money.

If the decision is LCW then he won't receive any extra money. Hope this helps.
    Oh okay, thanks so much for your help :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.