LONG TERM SICKNESS ABSENCE / PHASE RETURN TO WORK / DISCRIMINATION
I am disputing my managers decision to put me on adjusted duties as it is going to have detrimental effects to my continuous health development plan as it would cause a conflict of interest. As it stands now my manager feels I need to rebuild my resilience however after disputing this myself and no evidence coming to light that I require to be put on adjusted duties my manager has continued to go ahead with this plan. A union representative has commented on the actions taken and I am scheduled to see an equality rep this week to investigate the matter further.
The occupational health doctor, my GP and a psychiatrist has said that I am able to return to my substantive role but on days rather than evenings at this time. I am seeing a therapist at the end of this month to promote getting more recovered and able to work throughout the evening.
I would appreciate feedback from anyone who is going through or has been through this and what outcomes came from challenging the decision as a formal grievance for concern.
Thanks in advance
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments