Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

severe disability payment

Hello,

I was on income based esa but received an inheritance which knocks me of my income based esa ( over £16000 inherited ). I was also receiving the severe disability payment and im wondering if that will continue ? The guy at the esa helpline said its a change of circumstances and id still get income based esa but at a nil payment but im wondering as to what happens with my severe disability payment ?

I get pip at daily living top rate and mobility standard rate and know these shouldnt' be affected 

Any advice as always gratefully received.

David

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The severe disability premium is part of your Income related ESA and unfortunately you will no longer receive this and all of your ESA will now stop.

If you receive any housing benefit and council tax reduction then you need to report changes to your local council because this will also be affected.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • ocdmanocdman Member Posts: 52 Listener
    Thank you poppy, i was clutching at straws hoping id still get it as I only just got it after years of fighting for it. Ive notified council and all other people that need to know like the dwp. But hey ho its only money.

Thank you again poppy.

David
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Once your savings drop below £16,000 then you'll be able to contact DWP.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.