Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
chronic back pain
Hi I suffer with chronic back pain in lower back im on various painkillers including morphine patches.i'm now at the stage of only being able to walk about 20steps and can't go any further ..without resting now.my next step is to have a foldup wheel chair to help on times I need to travel and can sit and rest. Sitting im not in pain.it's agony doing household chores now.changing bed linen is a very painful experience as is vacuuming the floors.explaining to son and daughter in law ids benefit from having fold up wheelchair in car ,i would still be able to enjoy trips out with grandchildren ..my DILaws response was ...oh you don't need one,you'll be ordering your coffin next. So don't get full support from all family.i do from my daughter which is good ...i be had a mobility scooter in use for many years now. I would love to hear responses. To my problems.many thanks ..
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.