How do I get my car back? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I get my car back?

lizdabiz69
lizdabiz69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in Transport and travel
I'm hoping that someone can help me I had my disability car taken from me last October and I just did not have the will to fight I.m 69 crippled with Osteoarthritis in my spine rib cage and legs, can't walk to bus stop well over 50 metres from my home  this has made me so depressed how do I fight to get my car back

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizdabiz69 and welcome

You need to get trained advice from CAB, Welfare rightsAge uk or similar.

Was this a change from DLA to PIP or a review of a PIP claim ?

Did you ask for a mandatory reconsideration  in October ?

It is still possible to challenge the decision via MR and tribunal, you have a maximum of 13 months from the date of the decision but it will not be easy
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lizdabiz69 and welcome to the community! I am so sorry to hear you got your car taken off you. Did you get the chance to challenge this decision?
    Scope

• Pete2
    Pete2 Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    No matter what...fight them all the way , become a right pest a thorn stuck in their tender parts do not just take it and crawl away. My wife lost her higher dlp and lost her car, she to became withdrawn to think that a tory goverment treats its disabled with such contempt and disrespect. HOWEVER we her family fought back big time,  we were lucky that all of her medical documents and sergical opperation notes were made available to her. We questioned everything asking why the assesors had said this and that about my wife....we did find a lie that the assesor said my wife refused to walk for him even though she arrived in a wheel chair. We questioned the assesors medical qualifacations ...of which he had none and why he refused to accept trained medical staff letters and opperation records. We left the court in no doubt about the treatment disabled people go through while being assesed.   We won our case and my wife got her car back . She is due another assesment in 2 years time,  how do these tory run assesors think my wife will be cured of her disability when its a degenerative condition that she has.....   ANYWAY FIGHT THE MORE THAT DO .....THE MORE WE STICK THE PREVERBIAL MIDDLE FINGER UP THERE WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE ACCESSORS DERRIER.
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    It's some while since @lizdabiz69 posted. Unfortunately the delay from October until the following May without challenging the decision will likely have extinguished her appeal rights because the deadline for appealing has passed. Once you reach state pension age a mobility component can only stay the same or go down, so if it is lost then that loss is permanent once no appeal rights remain.

If you are still following this thread, @lizdabiz69, you might be able to appeal out of time but there will be an additional need to show good cause for the late appeal (which might be made out based on your depression). Whether an out of time appeal is even possible depends on what stage in the process you got to.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.