UC50 — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.


positivitygoing1 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
Hi ,

I've just applied for UC I was on income related ESA work related group ,but moved counties so I had to apply for UC ,

My first payment is due on the 28th may yet when I log on it says "if you are entitled to UC you should get paid in 19 days" , and 
"How much you get depends on your circumstances" ,

I've provided them with a 3 month fit note and I've now been sent a UC50 form which says they want it back by the 4th June ,

Luckily the lady that helped me with my PIP at M.I.N.D has said she will help me fill out the form ,

In order for me to provide evidence to submit with it , should I ask my old GP for my medical records (they provided me with them for my PIP) ,
I've only just been accepted at the new surgery where I live now and haven't seen the doctor there , 

I don't know how to get evidence , I have read that I should include it with my uc50 form or will it be enough that the lady at the M.I.N.D is filling it out , 

I've heard so many horror stories all I'm doing is worrying 

Thanks in advance


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,677 Disability Gamechanger

    When you claimed UC after moving house you shouldn't have needed to send in fit notes because DWP should have honoured the ESA award and placed you into the relevant group for UC, which is limited capability for work.

    You could still be re-assessed at anytime, which is what's happening now.

    Yes, you will need to send evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for evidence. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent. Do you have any evidence at home you can send? maybe you have letters from consultants from past appointments? When i have hospital appointments i'm sent a copy of the letter thats sent to my GP.

    Expect a face to face assessment because most have them. Good luck.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.