Advice on an MR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on an MR

Shogun01
Shogun01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Looking for advise iam doing an mr  after being cut off pip after 10 years my illnesses are worse I have 4 crohnic illnesses whereas the 2 I had ten years ago 17 operations later the assessor totally lied about me passing exam @ about my crohns medication even tho its on my repeat my daughter recorder it on her mobile so we have proof thank goodness ! She awarded 6 points care 4 mobility very conyving made sure she manipulated the system so I got cut off I have now lost sdp also as live alone iam500 down a month worried sick should I get cab to help ,@ my daughter with my letter or form though I don't think the form has enough space for all theistskes she made any advise is welcome !/

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You say you lost PIP after 10 years, PIP hasn't been out for 10 years. Did you transfer from DLA and then weren't awarded PIP?

I'm unsure if you'll be able to use the recording on your phone as evidence because you shouldn't have secretly recorded it. If they had caught you doing this then the assessment would have been stopped. When recording assessments you need to ring them first to tell them you're recording it and the use the appropriate recording equipment.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR, which should be put in writing. You need to state where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Avoid mentioning any lies that may have been told because DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors, it's not about a diagnosis.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so expect to have to take it to Tribunal because most do. Waiting times for Tribunal are huge because of backlogs in most areas. Some are waiting in excess of 1 year for a hearing date.

This link is worth reading, it will give you a better understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shogun01
    Shogun01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you yes I transferred from DLA 10years ago then onto pip about 2 years ago I have an appointment with a welfare officer on Monday as need help it was my daughter who recorded it I did not know until after she told me  but that has proof she has lied doing the assessment  how can I proof it otherwise ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need proof of the lies because they won't be interested in any lies. What you need is evidence to prove how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering

If you’re happy with your WRO you would be well advised to direct all future questions to them as taking advice from more than one source is not good practice.
    ….and if you don't have access to a WRO?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.