... and relax! What do you do to unwind?
May is National Meditation Month, with a large focus on mindfulness and relaxation. It can be so easy to go through life and forget about giving yourself time to unwind relax, but it’s so important we make time to do this.
Meditation doesn’t necessarily need to be sat crossed legged on the floor with your eyes closed— as relaxing as this can be for a lot of people. Just taking a moment during the day check in with yourself can be beneficial. How relaxed are you feeling right now? Making a conscious effort to relax your shoulders, letting go of tension and focusing on your breathing for a few minutes can help more than you think!
Watching my favourite film or reading a book are two ways I choose unwind after a long day. I also know there are apps like Headspace or Calm that can be helpful and offer things like a guided meditation.
What do you do to unwind? How will you relax today? Share your thoughts below!
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 795 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments