Pip lenght of award — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip lenght of award

brad72
brad72 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi all just a quick update, i have rang dwp today to get an update on my claim for pip and all though i havnt got the letter yet the lady on the phone has confirmed i have been awarded enhanced on daily living and on mobility. But i am confused with the lenght of award, the assessor put to be reviewed in 2 years but the the on the phone told me its till 2021 so unless im mistaken if its reviewed a year in advance surely i should of got it for 3 as now i will only get 12 months money. She also said they are looking into reducing the reviews to 6 months but how true it is im not sure.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news on the award. You really should wait until you receive the award letter and then you'll be able to see for yourself what length of time it is. Sometimes DWP advisers to get the information wrong. Hopefully it will only be a day or two until you receive the letter.

As for the reviews changing to 6 months before then there's been no confirmation of this as yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.