PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Has anyone had extra points from the decision maker?

DinkysaurusDinkysaurus Member Posts: 36 Courageous
Hi

I know that nearly always the decision maker goes with the medical assessor's report when making a decision. However, has anyone else actually had the decision maker add points increasing what was written in the medical report?

I have had the decision and have been awarded 2 more points to the care element than what was on my medical report. 
I will still be putting in an MR as its mobility that I disagree with not actually care. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Please be aware that when requesting the MR they will look at the whole decision again not just part of it. I'd advise you to get some face to face advice before requesting the MR.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • DinkysaurusDinkysaurus Member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi Poppy

Already done but thank you anyway.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Not having a go but having talked recently to a mobility car user he said its the best thing to happen for him and his wife, just like the personal hire citron use to do just add fuel. 
Sign in or join us to comment.