Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

UC, ESA.. Confusion?! Help?!

VintagepearlVintagepearl Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello.. I've been claiming UC as a couple since Jan 2019, I'm signed off work with heart condition and blackouts, had my work capability assessment and have been placed in limited capability for work (LCW) I received a letter via my journal stating I was placed in that group and didn't need to provide anymore sicknotes.. Then two weeks later I had a letter saying that my sicknote ran out on 14/05 and unless I sent a new one in, my payment would stop. I rang them and queried, they said that I have to still send sicknotes in?! But I thought the whole point of being assessed an being found unfit for work meant that no more sicknotes were needed?? Can anyone advise me please? I'm being passed from pillar to post and it's causing me stress I don't want or need. Thank you in advance 


  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 8,002

    Scope community team

    Hi @Vintagepearl and welcome to the community! :)

    You shouldn't have to be submitting sick notes if you're in the LCW group. Have you checked whether your commitments have changed on your account (do they still say taking up more paid work or being available for interviews)?
    Sometimes, the system keeps asking for them until someone manually tells it to stop.

    Check your work commitments have been updated to reflect your LCW status and then give them a call (you can ask to speak to a Case Manager which would help). Explain that you are in the LCW group and shouldn't have to submit sick notes but they are still being requested and ask for this to be turned off. 
    Community Manager
Sign in or join us to comment.