Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
UC, ESA.. Confusion?! Help?!
Hello.. I've been claiming UC as a couple since Jan 2019, I'm signed off work with heart condition and blackouts, had my work capability assessment and have been placed in limited capability for work (LCW) I received a letter via my journal stating I was placed in that group and didn't need to provide anymore sicknotes.. Then two weeks later I had a letter saying that my sicknote ran out on 14/05 and unless I sent a new one in, my payment would stop. I rang them and queried, they said that I have to still send sicknotes in?! But I thought the whole point of being assessed an being found unfit for work meant that no more sicknotes were needed?? Can anyone advise me please? I'm being passed from pillar to post and it's causing me stress I don't want or need. Thank you in advance
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 770 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.