Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Descision decisions?

littleruthie123littleruthie123 Member Posts: 490 Pioneering
Hi all I'm on p.i.p and was my older son has been living with me not working .He's 20 .slots happened and unfortunately won't be living with myself now.ny questions do I ring and ask for my sdp back?.or will they force me intoo universal credit .which is the last thing I need right now.thank you 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're claiming Income Related ESA and no one claims carers allowance for looking after you then yes you can claim the SDP. It won't prompt a move to UC.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    If you are claiming income related ESA and if you are not claiming carers allowance for caring for you then I would start making a application for it. It will not prompt a move to UC. If you have any other questions please feel free to message me. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    The quickest way to claim SDP is by ringing ESA and asking to fill out the IS10 form over the phone. Claims can take 3-4 weeks.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • littleruthie123littleruthie123 Member Posts: 490 Pioneering
    Thank you ladies 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks everyone for your advice! I wish you the best of luck with your claim @littleruthie123, please do keep us updated :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • littleruthie123littleruthie123 Member Posts: 490 Pioneering
    Thank you chloe 😁
Sign in or join us to comment.