Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
No one to attend with me
Hi everyone i recently got called for an assessment. I had my mother to go with me as support as I really suffer terribly having to travel anywhere or in unfamiliar places due to my MH. My doc requested a home visit and they had lost the letter so cancelled my app until they recieved another and the granted me a taxi . Only thing is now the new date I have no to go with me now as my mother works that day and is too short notice to change. My mum can accompany me to the centre but has to leave sbout 30/40 mins after my app is scheduled. Last time they had me wait an hour I am so worried to be alone and I don't know where to turn at all. Thanks
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.