PIP Tribunal waiting for 51 weeks, and still no date — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal waiting for 51 weeks, and still no date

julee
julee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just been reading about people waiting on PIP Tribunal, i’m in Bradford and have been now waiting for 51 weeks, and still no date.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @julee welcome to the community! Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. Unfortunately, they can take up to or a little over a year. Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm sorry you're having to wait so long @julee. Unfortunately it can take a long time and differs depending on where you are too.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    julee said:
    Just been reading about people waiting on PIP Tribunal, i’m in Bradford and have been now waiting for 51 weeks, and still no date.
    HI julee  sorry that you are having to wait so long i live in the north west just out side wigan and from start to the PIP Tribunal  was 19 months from start to the end and my tribunal lasted for 30 to 40 mins for the assessment to go with me to win it. the thing that gets me is 19 months for 30 to 40 mins in the tribunal to win it 
  • tara2019
    tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Hi I'm from Bradford too my tribunal wait from today is excess of 48 to 52 weeks for tribunal day so my wait from start of pip will be 80 weeks give tribunal a ring they should give you a time scale 
  • julee
    julee Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi
    yes have rung them and they said they are no longer giving out timescales as they are so inaccurate, it’s ridiculous and like you say for the hearing to be over in under a hour.
    Thanks for replies. x
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi julee if you have your pack of papers from the tribunal ring them and ask to have mobile phone updates ask for them to send you updates and in the text it will have a link that you can go to that as all updates to you tribunal if that helps you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.