Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Support with Dental implants costs
I was born spina bifida and have been on a mixture of medications all my life. From being on all different types of tablets i lost most of my teeth and am now not able to enjoy the foods i used to. I've got an upper denture but i only have 4 teeth on my bottom jaw and my dentist has told me i can't have lower denture's due the teeth being that damaged it would be impossible to connect the wire attached to the dentures as my teeth aren't strong enough. He said i need a couple of implants that'll take the wire attachment to hold the dentures in. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if i can get financial help from the nhs or a charity towards them as they're very expensive or if anyone knows of the cheapest dental implants in Greater Manchester.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.7K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 965 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.